- Stay hydrated. Drink water. A half hour before your big meal have a glass of water. It helps with digestion and will fill you up a bit.
- Use the 3 bite rule. With the delicious array of foods and appetizers and casseroles before you, just have 3 bites of each. Save room for your favorites but say no to having a lot of everything.
- Move! We are planning our meal a little earlier in the day so that we can take a walk outside afterwards. This helps with digestion and the post meal coma.
- Eat guilt free. Guilt is counter productive. Enjoy the bounty and set limits that help you feel better.
- Focus instead on your blessings. Give thanks to all that is before you, big and small.
So I wish you a plain and simply Happy Thanksgiving!