Still wishing you a happy start to 2018!
And as if we haven’t had enough goodies over the holidays…..
I can’t resist sharing this fabulous recipe with you. With healthy ingredients, it is guilt free. Unless, you eat the whole batch!
It might be tempting…….
If you need a healthy after-school treat or a snack for a mountain hike or just want something absolutely delicious, try this fun recipe.
The ingredients are nutritious and the recipe is simple. They freeze very well. Enjoy!
– 1 1/4 cups of walnut meal (use food processor)
– 3 tbsp of butter, melted
– 1/4 cup of honey
– 1/2 cup dried cherries*
– 1/2 cup dark bittersweet chocolate chips (70% the best)
– 1 tsp orange zest
– 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
– 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
– preheat oven to 350
– line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
– blend all the ingredients well
– place a tablespoon of mix in a ball on to the cookie sheet and lightly flatten.
– bake for 10 minutes
– let cool for a few minutes and then place on a cooling rack
– makes approximately 2 dozen cookies
* can substitute cherries for raisins
A larger batch of walnut meal can be made and stored in the fridge. This is the only labor intensive piece to the recipe. Don’t let it discourage you! It stores well and can also be frozen. I love to sprinkle walnut meal on my oatmeal and on salads. Even a sprinkle on some mac and cheese works!
(I wish I could remember the author of the original recipe that inspired me…..but memory and notes have failed me. As I do with most recipes, I change it up to suit my tastes!)
Sign up here to receive my weekly posts. I would love to share my musings with you! I will happily email you a cookbook with recipes created by fellow health coach friends. Cheers!
💚Would you like to design a new and healthy lifestyle? Let me help. Contact me for health and wellness coaching. We can work together in person or over the phone.💚